Monday, August 4, 2008

Kids can make you feel OLD!





















Megan and I were at Goodwill the other day killing time while the "Littles" were at a party (jeez - my kids are at a party and I'm at Goodwill? Ain't I the lucky one?) I was looking for fun "retro" stuff for Katie's dorm room. I found a cool desk lamp but needed her ok before buying it (what I think is cool isn't always cool in her eyes - imagine that....but lately I've done very well). While hanging out, Megan picks up a cassette tape and asks me what it is. I explained and she called me old and I thought that would be the end of it. Oh, no....it's like the drive in movie earlier this summer....she picks up an 8-track and asks what it is. I told her it was like the grandfather to a CD. At this point there's an older woman beside me giggling as I try to make it sound like I'm not as old as the hills. Megan looks down on the shelf and there's an old 45 (a single not a gun). Please don't ask, please don't ask...Well, honey, it's like when you download only one song instead of the entire CD. Only this actually gives you two songs cause you can flip it over and play the other side. And yes some dinosaurs were meat eaters and some were vegetarians....the lady next to me looks like she's going to wet her pants trying not to laugh. She finally gave up and just busted out laughing. She ended up thanking me for such a good laugh. She'd been having a bad day and she said that she needed a good laugh. Glad we could help! And just so you know...I scored with the lamp, too! You gotta love the line under the vinyl photo I'm using ... Ole farts vinyl....yep, that's appropriate!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That is TOO funny! Glad to hear you made someone else smile too...