Tuesday, August 26, 2008

College Luggage


So tomorrow is the day we move Katie into her dorm. The bags (trash ones, of course) are mostly packed. Time for the last goodnights to her sisters. I was truly pleased to see that everyone was in a playful mood. It was like when they were younger and all got along so well. Shades of the women they will become, I hope. Just a little time left yet tonight to spend with Zane. How hard this must be for them! I am surprisingly doing well with it all. Maybe it will hit me tomorrow when we drive away without her.

Shades of leaving her at the daycare when she was seven weeks old??? I was at least smart enough that morning to not put any makeup on until after I'd dropped her off. I figured I would just cry it all off and make a mess. I really am excited for her though. I know she is a smart young woman and will make good choices. I hope these are some of the best years of her life! But I also want her to remember the way home....

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

The whole world is about to open up to her. She will have an amazing time and she will ALWAYS find her way home.

Diana said...

You and Denise need to go out..Caitlin is LOVING it and Denise is hating it:(
Good Luck Katie..Don't forget to call your mom every once and a while:-)
PS
LOVE the pic of the girls!

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Okay...let me try and post a comment again without spelling all the words wrong.

When she calls you and she sounds so happy it will make it easier to bear. This is what she has worked so hard for and I hope she has the time of her life! FYI...the CB is a great place to go have a drink and cry. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice photo..! Fabulous choice for college luggage..!