Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer


I'm not exactly sure why our school disctrict now gets out BEFORE Memorial Day - but the kids had their last day on Friday. It doesn't make sense to me to have them out now - when it is still too cool out to feel like summer most days. I'd much rather have those "dog days" of August to hang out at the pool - not May. Our kids go back earlier and earlier every year. This year it will be sometime in the first half of August! Whatever happened to starting back after Labor Day?

3 comments:

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

I will be glad to get out before Memorial day than July 4th!! Only 41 more days til moving day.

Diana said...

I sooo agree..I told them at school today see you in Sept..then I remembered for some STUPID reason we got back the middle of August so I said we will be back in Sept..you can start in August:) Then I thought well by August I might want my kids to be away from me so who knows WHEN I want them back..All I know is this is just WAY to early to be home.