Tuesday, June 3, 2008

She did it!



Sorry about the delay in this post. I was waiting for David to upload the pictures from the video camera to see if they turned out any better than my digital. He hasn't had a chance to get to it yet - so I thought I'd post a few pictures anyway. For some reason the color (and lighting) look really bad of the actual graduation. Although it looks like they are wearing green, the colors of the cap and gown are brown. Katie looks a bit pale, as well! I heard several others at the ceremony talking about how dark their pictures were coming out and funny coloring, too. The ceremony went well and the weather cooperated, too. Well, the graduates were saying it was way too hot while they were standing in lines outside in cap and gown for over half an hour waiting for it to start. The ceremony was over in just under an hour, which was suprising since there were 262 students graduating. Same faces as prom - just much less expensive (yet just as pretty) dresses. That's Sarah, Emily, Jaime & Katie.

Weather didn't stop anyone from going outside to eat or play bocce

ball at our open house. That's David & Zane playing against my brother, Kevin and Jaime's boyfriend, TD. As David put it, "Zane was able to dragged me through to a win."

I think I can guess who dragged whom to a win when Kevin, Lisa, Emly and Sarah played....actually Emily and Sarah have been pretty good at it since last year.

Later we grilled out and enjoyed a perfect evening on the deck. Emily and Sarah convinced us to play a few

board games. My first thought when someone suggests that is oh yeah, no! But I always end up having a good time. We actually had Upwords going and started asking each other trivia questions out of another game at the same time. Talk about trouble concentrating! Kevin & Lisa were able to spend the night which gave us much appreciated extra time with them. After we stuffed our faces once again at breakfast, they headed back to Milwaukee. My ankle better hurry up and heal so I can get back to running to work off all that food I ate over the weekend!

Thank you to everyone that made it over (and those that kept us in their hearts that day!) to celebrate this great day!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Great Pictures..Denise has the same picture of Caitlin in her cap and gown..
I LOVE Katies dress. She is so pretty (I know I kept saying that but you have 4 beautiful girls:)
What happen to the chicken you ordered?

Suzanne said...

I am SO glad you finlly posted some photos! Katie sure looked happy...too bad I left before all the celebrations~I would have had a few drinks with you.

Denise said...

We also had a hard time getting any good photos. Check the school's web site, I found one of my daughter that the school took and it was perfect. Congratulations!!! Your daughter looks so pretty, good luck to her!

Anonymous said...

She looks like she's having lots of fun! Congrats!