Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not Motivated

You know how it is when you have a list a mile long and just don't want to get started? I'm at that place today. I've got a million things on my list and know that they'll be easier to get done before the kids are out of school (for the day and soon for the year). But I just can't seem to motivate myself to do them. I want to play hooky and enjoy this beautiful day. There is a light breeze blowing through the open window and the birds are gently singing. (Not that ungodly noise they make at 5 am!) Maybe it's good that Laura and Kelly have moved out of state - they would have talked me into it and then figured out a way to come and play hooky with me! Mind you - I have called and made several appointments, checked in with some family and friends on line and on the phone, refilled prescriptions, etc. but still feel like I haven't done anything for the day. For me that's one thing about being a grown up I still fight with myself about - - - I always feel like I should accomplish more with the time I have.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

If I was there I surely would have found a way to find something else to do! It is always more fun than doing things we NEED to get done.

Diana said...

3 more short days of Mommy Freedom left sooooooo ENJOY!!!