Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Crisis Averted!


It's the little victories that keep me going. When Kate & I went prom dress shopping - we were having trouble find the "one". She had an idea of what she wanted but was trying to be flexible. We saw a dress on a mannequin that was perfect. Of course it was the last Macy's had and it was too big- but they let her try it on. We decided since none of the other stores had one in her size - that we would buy it and have it altered at Macy's. With the style of the dress all they needed to do was to hem it and shorten the top straps that hold up the front of the dress. Well - they had to send it to Ohio to be altered and this person must not have been too bright. See in the picture from before it was altered how it has the piece of fabric that the neck straps loop around? When we got the dress back yesterday - they had turned it into a halter dress with that piece of fabric just running across the back. - No looping to make the X look. They also had sewn the little white strap you use to hang the dress up through the "halter" strap. Needless to say this altered the entire look and fit of the dress. The front was WAY too low and the back was too high and made her (and I'm quoting here...) "butt look huge!" Macy's offered to let her come back and pick out another dress - but since supply wasn't great three weeks ago when we bought the dress can you imagine what would be available now? I told them I was going to try and find someone here in town to fix their alteration and then send them the bill. They agreed. I was able to have it fixed today and it looks great. The woman was so sweet to get us in and done today - especially since Saturday is prom! It's the little victories.... :)

2 comments:

Diana said...

OMG..I bet there was some tears in your house!!!
I can not believe someone thought that was OK.
Can not wait to see a picture on Saturday.
Sad Sad Sad..we live our lives through other peoples kids:)

Suzanne said...

I am glad it all turned out well and you have beautiful weather on Saturday. I expect to see LOTS of photos of the day, night, arrival etc. I am sure she will be stunning as usual.