Thursday, January 31, 2008

Here's what is new



Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Just the regular stuff going on around here. Last week I had a chance to be at Suzanne's house while the inspection went on. That was fun! (No, seriously!) Tim had this funny list of stuff he wanted to be sure got checked out. He's an engineer ~ enough said?? Thanks for trusting me guys! :) The house was in GREAT shape! It was rebuilt in 1988 after a fire - and done very well! The place was cleaner than my house (that I've only been in for 2 1/2 years). I'm telling you I went everywhere (except the roof) with the inspector (it was soooo cold that even he just took a look at the roof from the ladder) and we only found one cobweb. You could have eaten off of the inside of the furnace! No cobwebs in the crawl space. No cobwebs in the attic. I wonder if that lady is for hire??? I probably couldn't afford her! I'm sure she'd run screaming from my house in fear!! (Thank you Kelly and Laura for never running away when I needed help cleaning the basement of the old house!) Anyway the house flew past inspection. I love the house by the way. The bedrooms are huge! The yard is very large with mature trees. I'm really excited for Suzanne to get to see it when she makes yet another trip back to the States in March.


So tonight they are predicting a big snow/ice storm for us. They get it wrong so often - that normally I wouldn't even think about it. But tomorrow morning Susie & I are supposed to go up and see Dad & Gabi. She's been having trouble tolerating the chemo so we haven't been up since Dec. But she was actually feeling well enough earlier this week to get out of the house for a little bit. Yeah! So of course this weather will actually hit and mess up the plans.
It is so funny how people react when a storm is predicted. The grocery gets packed! I usually go on Thursday or Friday anyway - so I went ahead and did it today. Really the only thing I did in preparation for this possible "storm" was get books from the library. It can snow ten feet as long as I have books! Oh - and toilet paper.
We've got tickets for all six of us to see B B King Saturday. Can't wait! David & I have seen him before and it was a GREAT show. I know the girls will really enjoy it.
Time to go snuggle up with a good book and a cup of tea. (David's on a business trip out of state in case you were wondering why I wasn't snuggling up to him!)

2 comments:

Diana said...

Finally!!! A new post:)
Glad you got to see a CLEAN house. I have pretty much forgot what one looks like since it does not stay that way so WHY BOTHER!!!
Hope you get to see your dad and Gabi this weekend.

Suzanne said...

Here's hoping you can make the trip and 'storm 08' doesn't happen. I can just see the news flashes now...and to be honest, I would actually be glad to see it.

Glad to hear she is feeling a bit better and could get out and about.