Monday, January 14, 2008

So Long RCA Dome


David called from work earlier this week and told me he had an opportunity to purchase 6th row seats for the Colts playoff game.



Most of you that know me know that the cost of something like this usually would have me saying "no". This is one of those rare occasions where I told him just NOT to tell me the price! I haven't had the chance to attend a home game in years! I knew it might be Tony Dungy's last year coaching - and on top of that it would probably be the last home game in the RCA Dome. I'm SO glad we went! Even though we lost the game - it was fabulous being





there for the final game! The seats were absolutely the best I've ever had. We even sat behind Channel 13's former weatherman - Bob Gregory. (The white haired guy).




This was our view of Dallas Clark making the 1st touchdown of the day. No zoom used!








I just HAD to get a shot of Bob Sanders dancing. Seemed like he did a lot of that!








I even wore my #29 jersey - although it is so old that when I got it it was for Eric Dickerson, not Joseph Addai. But Joseph is one of my very favorite players - so it works out well!





Just a few shots of Peyton in action!


Considering how many of our starters were injured this year I think we still had a great season. I'm hoping Tony sticks around for another year - but he's such a great guy - you can't fault him for wanting to have more time with his family.


David & I also had dinner at Ariane & Alex's Friday night. She cooked totally Japanese. She even got David to try edamame! Dispite the fact that something was a little too rich for my blood (maybe too much of the tofu?? - but it was sooo good) the evening was lots of fun! I'll have to get her recipes because the meal was wonderful. Maybe I should try cooking them one at a time to figure out which one got the best of me???? One of the funniest parts of the evening was David calling Katie to come pick us up at midnight. Although Ariane lives in our old neighborhood - less than a mile away - neither one of us felt too great about driving home. It was tooooo freaking cold to walk - so we did what we have always told her to do - call for a ride. We're hoping it made a lasting impression on her about being responsible! But it was a funny ride home! Another "first" you never think about when having kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob Gregory! Ha! Glad you had so much fun, and I love that you called Kate for a ride. Setting good examples......
Miss Ya.

Diana said...

I love Bob Gregory. You did have GREAT seats and calling your daughter for a ride home had me laughing BUT you set a GREAT expample to her...Big PAT on the back to you.

Suzanne said...

TOO Funny....calling Kate for a ride way to go MOM!! Did you speak to Bob? We sat next to him on our first flight over here to the UK..he was a very nice man and a bit shocked that someone on his flight from Detroit knew who he was...yes I was a DORK and said 'hi I am from Indy too'. Great game photos there is nothing like being AT the game.