Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yeah!

It was 65 degrees and not raining today - - - so of course that makes you think of outdoor Christmas lights, right?? I took advantage of the warm day to get all the lights put up outside.
I don't think I've ever gotten them up THIS early in my life. I've spent many a snowy/freezing day putting up lights before. I refuse to turn them on until Thanksgiving night - but they are one more thing off my list! This weekend we'll get the tree up inside so we can take pictures of Kate & Meg next weekend all dressed up for Winter formal. Last weekend Megan & I went out and found a dress for her. We found it so quickly that we still had plenty of time in the day to find shoes, etc. So she is all set! It was a great day with her. We goofed around and picked stuff out for each other to try on just for laughs. Macy's was having such a great sale (and I had a 20% off coupon, too!) that we ended up getting her a dress she can wear for church, etc.



Gabi has a doctor's appointment tomorrow to talk about what the next step(s) would be in her treatment. She has decided to try chemo. Please keep her in your prayers.

Emily has Pioneer Day at school tomorrow. She is really excited - but wasn't feeling too well this afternoon - so keep your fingers crossed for her that she makes it to school. The class has to dress up in appropriate attire (like Little House on the Prairie). They have to bring lunch - no plastic bags, juice boxes, etc. She is taking hers in a basket and all the contents will be wrapped with a cloth napkin. They actually go to an old one-room school house for the day.

Thanks to all of you that sent me recipes! I will have to get things prepared and out of the way before David gets home from work tomorrow as he will be taking over the kitchen to make his wonderful pumpkin pies. YUM!!!




We are Cincinnati bound for Thanksgiving - so if I don't post before then - everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Glad to hear the weather was cooperative for your lighting. I, too, can remember you putting up lights in crap weather :-}

Have a safe holiday and see you NEXT month!!