Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 3 ....






Are you kidding me???? Third snow day in a row??? Looking for the silver lining here.....I guess it gives me a chance to post daily to my blog which I haven't been able to do since going back to work. Work (ahhhh) that place where there's adult conversation and when I do a job it stays done....oh, um sorry about that....I mean, ahem, I LOVE MY KIDS and all our together time! David was able to get home last night. They re-routed them to Charlotte to avoid the connection in NY. He said they really didn't think they'd make













it as all the flights around them were being just plain cancelled. So he has graciously gone in to work to be me today. I had stuff that just HAD to be done and Megan only had a two hour delay today, so one of us had to go up there.




Still no sign of a snow plow in our neighborhood. The trash truck made it....so why don't they put a plow on the trash truck and




multi-task? At least make a path or something? I don't understand people some times. We had at least three vehicles come down our cul-de-sac and get stuck yesterday. Its a straight shot down our street - you can't miss the fact that there's NO WAY OUT - so why do people insist on driving down it? I'm not talking about the people that live here, obviously, just the idiots that think they can drive anywhere. You know the ones...drive like maniacs going around other people that are trying to drive carefully to not cause a wreck?? Secretly I take a little joy when I see them fishtail and then look around like "did anyone see me?". Or just have to try to drive into that snow that's up to our knees to show how cool they are. Saw one trying to do that last night and just got tickled when they had to rock it back and forth for a few minutes to back out of the street. We had a couple of guys stuck in front of our driveway for about ten minutes last night. I ended up having to walk Em's friend, Katie, to the end of our street so her dad could pick her up.

Anyway, think I'll go make a grocery list as we've eaten all the good stuff we had. I'm going to have to get the makings for Skyline as Diana has posted about it twice this week. To the rest of you stuck at home in the snow....hang in there....surely they have to go back tomorrow!

No comments: