Friday, September 26, 2008

Still in Love!























27 years ago today I married my best friend. Yes, that guy with the HAIR and glasses is David. For those of you trying to figure it out David's parents are beside me and my parents are beside David.
I'm so grateful to have these pictures. Our photographer didn't show up at my house that morning as he was supposed to. He actually showed up at the church a few minutes before the ceremony was about to start. He was totally wasted! Most of the pictures we have are from friends and family. One friend, Ray, was a photography buff and took many candid shots for us. Even that little snafu couldn't ruin our day. So 27 years later I still consider him my best friend and the love of my life. That doesn't mean things have always been rosy - but we have always been determined to keep communicating (sometimes better than others or louder than others....). But I'd say we truly beat the odds. Most people that marry as young as we did (he was 20 and I was 18) - anybody need extra fingers and toes to figure out how old we are???? - - most people that young end up growing apart from each other. We are very lucky because we grew together. I think that fact that we lived in different towns for the three years we dated was a big key to our communicating. Seeing each other mostly on weekends was tough - but the hours on the phone talking was a blessing. It really helped us to truly know each other and be best friends. So 27 years later for richer and poorer, in sickness and in health have new meanings - but I would still promise it all over again! David, thank you for all your love and patience over the years! All my love forever..... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I'm not trying to blow shit up your ass....but you havent changes a bit! I can see Megan in you in these pictures! And get a load of Uncle David!....and Papa at that. I love you guys!

susanb said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Suzanne said...

OMG...you look 10 playing dress up! LOVE the bridesmaids dresses ~ oh a sign of the times :-}