Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shhh...don't tell Katie....


Tuesday Emily had a sick day due to pink eye. Yuck! So I got to stay home with her. Not exactly a day off, though. I know Katie will hate to hear this - but I took all the stuff from her bureau and desk and shoved (I mean gently placed) it in boxes that are now either shoved (oops, gently placed) under the bed or on shelves in the closet. The bathroom has been totally disinfected. Not an easy feat, mind you! Teenage girls have so much "product" it's mind boggling! Shampoo, condition, comb out and blow dry. Maybe the occasional curl. At least now that I'm working I do. Before that it was wash and go! I can't imagine doing all that other stuff

day after day. I guess I'm just not one for primping. I've got too many other things to do. Like clean a teenager's room so her youngest sister can use it while she's not home. Sarah hasn't "officially" moved in yet. She can't as the drawers and closet are still filled with Katie's stuff. But she's thrilled to be able to hang out, do homework and sleep in "their" room as she calls it. It looks so bare without all of Katie's things in it that I'm going to have to help her put her own stuff out. Katie will be home the weekend of the 12th so I'm SURE she'll get a box or two put down the basement - perhaps between rounds of switching laundry? I have to admit I almost feel like a teenager with a crush everytime I get a text from Katie. Remember that feeling - butterflies of anticipation? Then the exhilaration when you were acknowledged by the "crush". I just don't know of any other way to put it. She started classes yesterday and was excited at the end of the day. I'm glad my girls are settling in and happy where they are!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Glad to hear everyone is adjusting to life without Katie around all the time! Sarah looks happy as a clam to be in 'her new room'