Thursday, July 17, 2008

Well....that was fun....



I'd officially like to welcome my daughter, Katie, into the world of debt. Today I helped her figure out how to "e-sign" the first (of hopefully only a few) student loans for college. The rates are even lower now than when her dad and I did his long ago and far away when the dinosaurs ruled the earth. Crazy how with the click of a few buttons you can finish off the entire process. Almost makes it too easy....at least when you are across the table from someone signing things - you have to look them in the eye and know you are responsible for paying it back. This has just been a crazy year of "firsts" that I never really thought about when they were little. I'm glad she still wants my help and opinions, though. Looking forward to many more firsts.






No comments: