Monday, April 27, 2009

Megan's 16th Birthday



Saturday was Megan's 16th birthday. We had a WONDERFUL day! Megan, Katie and Sarah (more details in a minute) had their boyfriends over. Emily's 'bf', Tyler, wasn't over (Em was too embarrassed to call & ask him over - but since I know his mother spent part of the day floating in the freshly opened pool, I'll bet he was busy, too!) Zane brought over his Guitar Hero & Rock Band. Now, I've heard about these forever from friends, but never had the opportunity to play. Boy could I get addicted! It was way too much fun even with no alcohol involved! Normally we're more of an introverted bunch. David jokes that he just doesn't like people. I can be dragged out(I mean persuaded)by friends and usually have a great time - but am not an instigator. So to have a bunch of people over just to hang out is not our usual thing. For me it's because I worry too much. Is the house clean, do we have food or drink for all, will the kids behave, are we interesting enough for hours on end....for David, well, see above. I had asked Meg & Kate if they wanted to have the guys over for dinner for Meg's birthday. Cameron (Sarah's 'bf') lives down the street and just came down to play and ended up joining in. He's great about just hanging out - just like Cody & Zane. I'm sure David appreciated a little more testosterone in the house for awhile.

Maybe we're turning a new leaf with socializing. Friday night we went out to dinner with friends. Sarah's Godfather, Jeff, was in town. Now that man is an instigator. He's always good about making time to see us when he comes to town. We were joined by Katie's Godfather, Mike, Jeff's mom and Jeff's business associate & his wife. We lingered after dinner and it was really nice.

Sunday my parents made the trip over from Cincinnati to see us. It was a quick trip, as my sister had had hand surgery & was unable to do just about anything for herself. They needed to make it a short trip as they had to get back to her, but they wanted to give Meg her gift. They were able to stay long enough to see the "old" house after the open house was over. The open house that day went well. One woman that saw it brought her husband back to view it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it sells quickly. I just don't want to have to maintain the gardens all summer. I really need to take care of my own - which currently are weed infested.

So socializing...a new leaf or just a fluke??

No comments: