Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How'd THAT happen?

Yes, yes, still working on the "old" house....but while the Kilz, bleach and paint fumes were getting to my head last night I started thinking....scary, I know! I got married after my freshman year of college. This started me thinking about MY freshman in college, Katie. Which got me to thinking about how old/young she is....thought train is still rolling...which got me to the point of wondering when she'll be the exact same age as I was when I got married. Well....as of today she'd have been married for 11 days. NO FREAKIN WAY! Not really sure where to go with that thought. I married my best friend, the love of my life, my other half. I knew we'd be together forever. 27 years later I'm still married to my best friend, the love of my life, my other (better) half. But seriously Katie is now OLDER than I was? Wow! I was a babe in the woods. I'm lucky I found such strong love so early - but I wouldn't want Katie to miss out on all that she's doing now - dorm life, roommates, relying only on yourself, anticipation of her future, proving to yourself you can do what you set your mind to....being strong and independent and just a little bit scared. I've done many of those things, but not completely on my own. I'm strong and confident now, but I think it took me longer to get here the way I did it. I hope my girls get the feelings of accomplishment I have now, but at an earlier age. BTW I was 18 years, 10 months and 19 days old when I got married. I Googled "Age in Days" to figure it out. What were you doing at that age???

No comments: